There are many ways in which you can participate in the small festival. It’s not just about getting on stage with a guitar – although singers and performers are of course welcome! Ways people have participated at the Small Festival include:
- Arranging kids’ activities
- Staging sketches/performances
- Helping with the sound system or lighting
- Giving political discussions or hosting debates
- Arranging country walks
- Washing up after meals
- Running sports events
- Recycling the Festival’s rubbish
- Singing and playing live music
- Performing comedy sketches
- Carrying equipment and helping backstage
and so on!
We’d particularly like to encourage people to bring ideas for older children/teenage activities, for example, sports, drama, video making – anything else you can think of.
The idea is that when everyone participates this dissolves the distinction between audience and entertainer which in our experience creates a special quality, a rewarding alternative to pre-packaged entertainment.
Each festival has always had an amazing range of scheduled events and activities.